Seeing is believing
Revolutionizing the premium ophthalmology market with disruptive products
2EyesVision is a start-up company that specializes in creating, developing, and commercializing novel ophthalmic technologies. As a spin-off of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), we are driven to revolutionize the ophthalmic industry through innovative products.
Our focus lies in addressing prevalent ocular conditions such as presbyopia, which affects 100% of the population above 45 years old, and cataracts. With the combined expertise of Dr. Carlos Dorronsoro (CEO) and Prof. Dr. Susana Marcos (co-inventor and promoter), internationally recognized scientists, we have developed the groundbreaking Sim+Vis technology, our flagship product.
SimVis Gekko™ in the Global Market
Our first product marketed by ourselves is SimVis Gekko. For the first time, patients can see the real world through binocular presbyopic premium corrections before treatment.
We have already sold the product in 11 different countries!
Milestones to date
Young company, highly specialized, formed by a unique team of experienced scientists, PhD students, engineers, and technicians.
Validated technology in labs and clinics with 25+ scientific publications and protected by 8 patents.
- Specialized manufacturing area: demonstrated scalable factory based on manufacturing cells with ISO9001 certification.
- R&D area for new SimVis Gekko products and applications.
Agreements with private international investors.
Connections with world-class key opinion leaders.
A Medical Advisory Board with 10 of the most influential ophthalmologists and optometrists worldwide.
Global commercial expansion: units sold in 11 countries across 4 continents.
- 2017 Madri+d, Best Patent Award
- 2017 Rey Jaime I Award (Marcos, S)
- 2019 Physics, Innovation and Technology Award by the Royal Spanish Physics Society (RSEF) and the BBVA Foundation (Dorronsoro, C)
- 2019 Leonardo Torres Quevedo National Research Award in the area of Engineering
- 2019 South Summit Winner, Health and Biotech
- 2020 Julio Peláez Award to pioneering women in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (Marcos, S)
- 2023 Monst Relevant Doctoral Thesis (Barcala, X)
- 2023 Edwin H. Land Medal by Optica (Marcos, S)
- 2023 Transfiere Winner, European Forum for Science, Technology and Innovation
- 2023 LVPEI Startup Challenge for Global Eyecare Innovation Finalist
Sim+Vis technology is backed by science
The Sim+Vis Technology™ was developed at the Visual Optics and Biophotonics Lab of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), a worldwide recognized research institution, and 2EyesVision has licensed the patents with global exclusivity. More than 25 scientific articles have been published after 10+ years of joint research and development: